What is complacency? It’s when you decide that you have done “enough”, and you can now just sit back and relax. Complacency most commonly sets in after you have achieved an important goal, or when you have acquired something that you value very highly. It’s perfectly fine to revel in your greatest accomplishments for a time, but once you feel that you no longer have to make an effort, then… Continue reading
Posts tagged: change
In my last video (and the original post it was based on), I went over the concept of happiness being a choice. It can be difficult to accept and apply this concept at first, because it runs counter to what most of the world believes. We are taught that we have to do all sorts of different things… Continue reading
We spend most of our early lives learning, about ourselves and the world around us. We then move onto schooling, and job training after that. A large percentage of what we learn is front-loaded in the first twenty to twenty-five years of our lives, and then many people think that they have no need to learn anymore, because they are now adults.
The reason you must never stop learning… Continue reading
In my previous articles I went over the advantages and disadvantages of both selfishness and selflessness. In this article I will share my personal experience dealing with the extremes of selfishness and selflessness, along with the lessons I learned along the way.
When I was young, I started out as a very selfless person. I wanted to help people and be friends with everyone. The problem was, I had… Continue reading
A new year is upon us, a clean slate that is full of opportunity and hope for a brighter future. It is a time to reflect on what happened in the past year, to review the goals you were able to accomplish and what you still need to work on. A new year is when the highest number of people set goals for themselves, more commonly known as new year’s… Continue reading
The importance of learning life lessons can not be understated. It is my experience that if you do not learn from the lessons that life is trying to teach you, then they will be taught to you again and again until you do. A fundamental cause of much suffering and unhappiness is people’s unwillingness to learn from mistakes, either their own or the mistakes of others. History is full of… Continue reading
- Your Actions Are What Define You
- You Can Not Help Someone That Does Not Want To Be Helped
- How Important Is Momentum When Trying To Be Successful In Life?
- Should You “Burn The Ships”?
- What You Can Add To Your Goals Right Now To Be More Successful In Life
- Find The Courage To Chase Your Dreams
- Why Life Lessons Are Important
- The Many Benefits Of Playing Video Games
- You Can’t Be Friends with Everyone
- Something More Important Than Courage
- Should You Strive For Perfection, Or Choose Excellence?
- The Power Of The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
- Selfishness And Selflessness: My Personal Experience
- The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being Selfish
- How To Find Your Burning Desire To Succeed