In my last video (and the original post it was based on), I went over the concept of happiness being a choice. It can be difficult to accept and apply this concept at first, because it runs counter to what most of the world believes. We are taught that we have to do all sorts of different things… Continue reading
Posts tagged: courage
Popular opinion states that being selfish is a bad thing and that you should avoid it at all costs. Yet many people have become very successful while being selfish (including some of the people that say being selfish is wrong). In this article I will take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of being selfish, as well as tell you about an important decision you can make… Continue reading | 2 Comments
A self-fulfilling prophecy is a statement or prediction that influences actions and thoughts to the extent that it becomes true. There are many examples in literature, movies, and real life of self-fulfilling prophecies that are negative in nature. These cautionary tales show how powerful of an effect belief can have in determining how our lives unfold.
The good news is that not all self-fulfilling prophecies have to be negative… Continue reading
I like to obtain my inspiration from many different sources, and one of my favorites is a commercial from Michael Jordan’s “Become Legendary” campaign. The message is very inspirational even if you have no interest in sports.
One line from the commercial really resonates with me, “I have something more important than courage, I have patience”.
So you have this awesome idea for something new that you just know that people would love. It could be an idea for a fantastic book (or even a whole series of books), an incredible movie, a unique and original video game, or an innovative invention that would make many people’s lives easier and better.
A Commonality All Ideas Share
As children we have big dreams about what we are going to do as adults, about the people we are going to become. Whether it is flying to the moon as an astronaut, saving lives as a firefighter, or winning the World Series with a home run, there is no little voice in our heads telling us we can’t. As we grow up, however, that voice is given life and… Continue reading | 1 Comment
- Your Actions Are What Define You
- You Can Not Help Someone That Does Not Want To Be Helped
- How Important Is Momentum When Trying To Be Successful In Life?
- Should You “Burn The Ships”?
- What You Can Add To Your Goals Right Now To Be More Successful In Life
- Find The Courage To Chase Your Dreams
- Why Life Lessons Are Important
- The Many Benefits Of Playing Video Games
- You Can’t Be Friends with Everyone
- Something More Important Than Courage
- Should You Strive For Perfection, Or Choose Excellence?
- The Power Of The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
- Selfishness And Selflessness: My Personal Experience
- The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being Selfish
- How To Find Your Burning Desire To Succeed