In my post on How To Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions, I briefly touched on how progress will rarely be linear when you are trying to reach your goals. This goes for just about anything that you are trying to accomplish, whether it’s building a business, learning a new skill, or trying to make a positive change to your body through… Continue reading
Posts tagged: persistence
Momentum is often talked about in sports. Athletes, and even whole teams, that are able to build up a lot of momentum become very difficult to defeat. Whether this is for purely psychological reasons, a metaphysical reason, or something else entirely, the fact remains that it is an easily observable phenomenon. The good news is that the concept of momentum can be applied to many other things in life, including… Continue reading
I like to obtain my inspiration from many different sources, and one of my favorites is a commercial from Michael Jordan’s “Become Legendary” campaign. The message is very inspirational even if you have no interest in sports.
One line from the commercial really resonates with me, “I have something more important than courage, I have patience”.
Do you have big dreams and goals you want to accomplish? If you are reading this, then the answer is most likely yes. You may have been highly motivated when you started to work toward what you wanted, but now your motivation has waned or even disappeared completely. Perhaps you have not even been able to find the motivation to begin yet.
So you have this awesome idea for something new that you just know that people would love. It could be an idea for a fantastic book (or even a whole series of books), an incredible movie, a unique and original video game, or an innovative invention that would make many people’s lives easier and better.
A Commonality All Ideas Share
A new year is upon us, a clean slate that is full of opportunity and hope for a brighter future. It is a time to reflect on what happened in the past year, to review the goals you were able to accomplish and what you still need to work on. A new year is when the highest number of people set goals for themselves, more commonly known as new year’s… Continue reading
Persistence is often the key ingredient missing when one tries to achieve a goal. Even more so in today’s world where instant gratification is not just desired but expected. When results do not come quickly and easily, many people become discouraged and give up. Worst of all, some quit even though they are much closer to achieving their goal than they think.
One of my favorite examples of persistence… Continue reading
- Your Actions Are What Define You
- You Can Not Help Someone That Does Not Want To Be Helped
- How Important Is Momentum When Trying To Be Successful In Life?
- Should You “Burn The Ships”?
- What You Can Add To Your Goals Right Now To Be More Successful In Life
- Find The Courage To Chase Your Dreams
- Why Life Lessons Are Important
- The Many Benefits Of Playing Video Games
- You Can’t Be Friends with Everyone
- Something More Important Than Courage
- Should You Strive For Perfection, Or Choose Excellence?
- The Power Of The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
- Selfishness And Selflessness: My Personal Experience
- The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being Selfish
- How To Find Your Burning Desire To Succeed